Friday, May 16, 2008

WORLD AT LARGE//LOVE WITHOUT BORDERS: Lichiban x Jelsen Jargon collab!!

Photobucket

I'm really exited about my collaboration with my buddy and fellow artist in crime, Jelsen Jargon for THE WORLD AT LARGE // LOVE WITHOUT BORDERS SHOW that my friends of The Love Movement (TLM) are curating in the Limbo Gallery, San Diego. The peeps at the TLM invited me to the show a few months ago, and I decided to get Jelsen on board as my collaborator...Unlike musicians like Sarah, I don't get to do a lot of collabs normally, unless I specifically seek it out. This was one of those projects, and I'm ready to do more!


The show's proceed will benefit The International Humanity Foundation, a San Diego-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides free education and community leadership development, as well as operates orphanages and famine feeds, for the poorest of the world’s poor in Indonesia, Thailand and Kenya. I have been involved in several benefit shows in the past and am always ready to contribute my art to the CAUSE. Read more about the show here.

step one...I did the portraits
Photobucket
step done! [photo: Stephanie Land]
Photobucket
I picked Jelsen's childhood portrait to draw.
Photobucket
Jelsen is bad! Here is his brilliant typography he just drew off the top of his head. It reads WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FUTURE. We worked hard on this for 4 nights in a row. [photo: Stephanie Land]
Photobucket

1 comment:

C-Rocka said...

Dope, Dope, Dope work! Do your thang! It's an amazing thing when two artists come together and make something so beautiful!