Saturday, August 30, 2008

WANT A PORTRAIT?

As you might know already, I love drawing faces. Art is a way to reflect on the state of the world, and I have a lot of respect for artists who focus on expressing the ugliness and the paradoxes of the human condition, but having gone through a lot of soul searching and healing, I made peace with being human and actually found true love for people. I have spent years traveling the world and trying to understand how people heal from conflict...every encounter I had with amazing people from all over the world helped that love grow. After 9 years, I decided to take a break from exploring pain and turn my focus on beauty and the sexier, lighter side of the human condition. So in my recent work, my aim has been to reveal what I perceive as people's true beauty through my portraits. I am not done with reflecting on social and political causes, but I am ready to play for a change! If you are interested in having me make a portrait of you, don't hesitate to contact me (the portrait on the left below was a commission)...I will do my best to work with your budget. You will find all the info about how to go about it here. Holla!

No comments: