Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mama wants... Photos by Kwesi

///////PHOTOS BY KWESI////////


I remember a few weeks after I moved to Brooklyn, I went down to Atlantic Ave to check out ATLANTIC ANTIC, a street festival with music, food, antiques, clothing and art. In between all of the streets full of people, out of the corner of my eye I saw a painting that blew me away. It was messy, and colorful and mysterious. My favorite kind. I squeezed my way through and there he was. Kwesi. I asked him for a card or website, none of which he had @ the time, and he sent me off with nothing but a number to text him at. In the last year I have seen him everywhere from dark corners of parties - to the streets of Fort Greene, and not only has his work came into full bloom, but I think it is some of the most innovative and stylish photography in BK. Check out his shots. I also loooooooooooove the styling by Pamela Shepard.
Be sure to check out his blog too! http://www.spaceshipgeorge.blogspot.com


1 comment:

C-Rocka said...

These photos are super sexy. Thanks for sharing this with the world!